Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lost

That's how I've felt these past two months (and as I write that, it strikes me how fast they've flown; is my beautiful summer really that far gone?). I've been so damn busy with everything in my life that I feel like I've lost touch with life itself.
Ever get lost in the supermarket as a child and wander from aisle to aise searching for your mom with fear gnawing at your stomach because you realize you might be here forever: alone, disoriented, scared?
I feel like that kid again.
After such a wonderful spring and summer, it seems strange that I sit here searching for where I took a wrong turn.
But I'm working my way back into the world.
Here I am again. I promise not to get lost for so long next time.

4 comments:

  1. =/ Insert what you said to me at graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see you're back on your feet, and back to your writing. i've missed you. :)

    ReplyDelete